Monday, April 9, 2012

Wheat Flour Halwa

This is my friend Deepa Parul's recipe. She taught me and my mom this easy recipe and we make it very often. I made this today and I thought I ll post it right away.




Ingredients
  • 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
  • 1 1/4 cup Ghee
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar (Adjust to taste)
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 cup chopped Nuts( Almonds and Cashews)
Method
  1. Heat 1 cup ghee in a deep saucepan and add the nuts and fry them till they turn a golden brown.
  2. Add the Wheat flour and stir well. Then add the milk and stir continuously. It will become thick now.
  3. Add the sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup ghee and keep stirring till the halwa comes off nicely without sticking to the pan. Wheat Halwa is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curries for Indian Flatbreads

Paneer Butter Masala
Methi Malai Mutter
Channa Masala